Sunday, September 28, 2014

A little less Sore

I didn't have advil last night and woke up with a bit of a face ache. But - and this is a big BUT - Maybe its my imagination or my own desire to feel better about my decision to straighten my teeth and fix my bite - but now that its day 5, I'm feeling not as panicked about all the stuff in my mouth.  I don't even have braces on yet. I have 4-6 months in front of me with this lingual arch - some sort of bracket on the top left teeth and 23 hours of elastics every day. This just feels like it fills my mouth.

I wore my elastics to church and discovered that it is a challenge to sing with the one band n place. In fact, I discovered that the irritation I have inside my mouth - begins with the rubber band rubbing against the inside of my cheek.

Eating - I feel deprived. I can't really chew down on anything yet. I've gone to McAlisters a few times and have comforted myself with their chicken and dumplings. Yum. Add an iced tea with lemon and I'm feeling better about not being able to eat chips. Or apples. Or carrots.

On the flip side of daily reporting - we had lunch with one of our favorite pastors. Love our church. Love our "sunday school". Love love love everything about Sundays.

Are you an adult wearing braces or a lingual arch? Did you adjust in a short time? Please tell me it will be ok. :) Please.

No comments: