Tuesday, December 26, 2006

December 26

We had an awesome Christmas, beginning on Christmas Eve with church service. The music was perfect with the Fellowship of the Strings, a 7 year old on a violin, the worship leader's daughter singing "Mary, Did You Know?" and lots of congregational singing.

I love to sing. I grew up in a musical family. We all took a part and harmonized throughout the years. I still love to grab a part when I sing. This year I have some allergy "ick" that is keeping my throat tickly so its hard to grab those notes but it was still a wonderful thing.

Our kids were home for Christmas. That was the best part. Having them home for the holiday. Hanging out in the kitchen. Talking. Eating. Drinking hot chocolate. Remembering other years. Other people. Laughing. Talking. Eating.

It was just great to be together. There is nothing like it this side of heaven.

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:5


Today FIOS is being installed in the house for TV and internet. I've been told the installer will be here for most of the day. He seems to love the attic. I'm also hoping to hit a few stores to pick up some christmas paper wrap for next year.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

so glad to hear your Christmas was good. we had a wonderful Christmas too. it's so much fun watching the children enjoy the excitement of the day!

we were at the same service you were on Christmas eve. it was wonderful, wasn't it? the kids thoroughly enjoyed the song and story. :)