Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006 - Hello 2007

Its a little over 6 hours until the beginning of the new year. I love December 31st because it is a milestone of the hope of a new year with new adventures awaiting. This year I love December 31st even more. I'm ready for 2006 to roll on by.

Don't get me wrong. I have a long grateful list of blessings of the wonderful things God has done. Good stuff. Happy stuff. Terrific stuff.

But at the same time, 2006 has had its challenges that I'd rather put behind me as I reach forward to the goal ahead.

What do I want for 2007?

Grace.

I want to learn more about the mercies of God and how His grace reached through time and space to an undeserving young woman, providing unconditional love, unconditional forgiveness.

I want to learn how I can extend that same grace (or a human version of it) to others in a more significant way. I was forgiven much, therefore I can forgive others. I was loved much so I can love others.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Col 3:12-14

1 comment:

Joye said...

Happy New Year, Kathy! May the Lord help each of us to realize more of His grace this year!