Friday, January 05, 2007

The Old is New!

Today I traded in the rental Corolla (whew!) for my three year old leather heated seats on wheels.(yay!)

My car is sitting in the driveway, looking rather spiffy. She is all cleaned up with shiny wheels, brand new pin striping (a freebie, tossed in by the body shop since my original pin striping had shrunken in some minute places. Go figure!) and sans dings.

I can't even tell where the original dings were.

They did such an awesome job that there is no evidence of my past inability to park in my garage. The trick will be keeping my car in tip top shape to reflect the brand new beginning of my 3 year old car.

God is like the body shop technician.

He takes our lives. Removes the dings. Renews the tired stuff. And the shininess and reflection that results is that of the person who did the body work. And now our job is to show off the shiny, new stuff and point to the person who did the awesome work.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5: 17-21

2 comments:

Brent said...

Dangit. I DRIVE a Corolla...

Kathy said...

A Corolla is great for you. ;-) I spent the first 27 years of my marriage driving a Civic which eventually became a Civic wagon which eventually became a CRV which became a Pilot just 3 years ago. Now the pilot (see earlier blog) is too big for my parking skills. I need something a bit smaller but still must haul stuff. Thanks for stopping by, Brent.