Saturday, January 06, 2007

Summer Gal in Winter

I'm a misplaced seasonal gal.

I love the end of spring, the entire summer and the beginning of autumn.

I love the warmth of the sun and the bright sunny skies that accompany the heat.

And when the cold winds blow through north Texas, I learn to cope.

I wear fuzzy slippers and socks around the house. I wear layers of shirts, sweaters with an tank under it all. I have been known to get dressed and then put my robe on top. I gravitate towards hot soup for meals. I move chairs to sit in sun puddles if they stream through a window. I keep my leather heated seats in my car on "high". I surround myself with warm, spring colors.

I must force myself out the door to walk in the cooler temps but when its 94 degrees at 9 pm at night, I don't mind so much.

And even now, in Texas where the temperatures have been mild, I'm longing for spring. Blooming flowers. Green leaves. Sunny skies. Warmth.

May his name endure forever;
may it continue as long as the sun.
All nations will be blessed through him,
and they will call him blessed.

Praise be to the LORD God, the God of Israel,
who alone does marvelous deeds. Psalm 72:17-18

4 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

Is it cold in Texas? I hadn't noticed...it feels kinda nice to me. I DESPISE summer. I feel like a puddle for months and months and...well you get the picture.

Joye said...

Bet you were particularly uncomfortable today. Did you keep your layers and fuzzy slippers on?

I always prefer Texas winters to summers. That being said, today I felt chilled all day and had to keep my coat on even in a restaurant. So unlike me.

Anonymous said...

Me...I am my mother's daughter. I hate the winter. I hate the overcast, slightly chilly weather where I can't seem to get warm. I long for the 100 degrees again.

Kathy said...

I have on my socks and fuzzy slippers, yes indeedy!