Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Celebrations!

Weddings are such a sweet thing and I'm such a sap that I love the romance. This last Saturday we attended the wedding of our daughter's best friend. They have been friends since sixth grade when we moved into the area and they went to middle school together. Through high school they remained friends and even shared an apartment together after college.

It was a lovely wedding. My gorgeous daughter was a bridesmaid and sang. Her boyfriend tagged along graciously (as we all know guys love weddings like a long-tailed cat loves rocking chairs).

Reminds me of that grand day when our groom will return for us, His bride, to take us to the wedding feast.

"I delight greatly in the LORD;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." Isaiah 61:10

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My, what a cute couple!

Kathy said...

I think so too!

Joye said...

Hey, go read the blog that we discussed this morning.

Kathy said...

Better....I'm glad it is going offline. That is where those thoughts should be. Thanks for the heads up, Joye!