Thursday, November 30, 2006

Cold Weather Soup

Yesterday the temperature was in the 80's and my air conditioning kicked on automatically forcing me from my chair to turn it off. We sweated until the cold front blew an hour later.

Today, there is snow on the ground and the temperature is 27 degrees.

This adds up to equal Chicken Tortilla Soup. My favorite!

I got home from bible study and boiled the chicken, cutting up the veggies and getting the cilantro chopped up.

Its been cooking on the store, on low, all afternoon. In about 45 minutes I'll add some torn up corn tortillas to the soup and within another five minutes I'll have it dished up with Mexican cheese and jalapenos sprinkled on top.

The house smells yummy and we are warm. This is the perfect way to spend a cold snowy day.

3 comments:

Joye said...

What a great thing to do on a cold day. I bet the house did smell wonderful. Is the recipe forthcoming?

Unknown said...

Now I know where my snow is! Sounds like a cozy day.

Schweers' Mom said...

Soup is my FAVORITE! I could eat it everyday even when it's hot. Sounds yummy!