Monday, November 06, 2006

Feeling Important

Lately I've been getting phone calls from important people. A politician who lives in the white house in Austin called me. Congressmen and Senators too.

I kinda feel important getting all this attention from such important people. I haven't had the heart to tell them I voted already and they wasted their dime.

Amazing to think that I could get all revved up for a canned, taped message from the governor who wouldn't know me from Adam (or Eve) if I walked up to his door and knocked. I couldn't get through the doors of the White House in Washington D.C. even though I have stood at the gates to peek.

Its a pseudo-importance with those guys.

But even better......I have access to someone bigger. More powerful. And not only do I have access, he knows me. He knows how many hairs are on my head and knows my thoughts before I think them. He knows me inside out and bids me to sit with him and spend my time. The reality of importance. Real value.

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:15-16

1 comment:

Joye said...

One year in my study group, I passed around that photo of John-John playing under JFK's desk to bring home the point of our son/heir relationship with our heavenly father, the Creator of the Universe. That photo brings it home to me, how we can instantly be hovering around God's throne when we need to talk to Him.