Sunday, November 05, 2006

Thankful and back on track!

Too many desserts and carbs this weekend means I'm back on track with eating better and extra steps with walking on Monday!

I was able to enjoy extended family this weekend. Cousins, aunts and uncles, second cousins twice removed (what does that really mean?) brother, sister in law, nieces, nephews, sister, brother in law and the joy of the announcement that my dad will be a great grandfather. He is thrilled and overjoyed. I am excited to be a great aunt. My sister will be an awesome grandmother. I know this because she is an awesome sister and the best mom to her girls.

Before our meal we did what we do for all our meals only this time the circle of hands was much larger. We bowed and thanked God for the blessings of family and the abundance of love we have from our Savior.

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name." Psalm 100:4

2 comments:

Joye said...

Do you leave a family gathering with a weird sense of understanding yourself a wee bit better? I do. How beautiful that you all can pray together.

stephanie said...

sounds like a great time. i miss my family. they all live so far away!