Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Sweet Fragrance

Today started out warm and balmy. At one point the A/C kicked on with temperatures in the 80's and I had to go shut it off, reminding myself that December was almost here.

By nightfall the temperature dropped fifteen degrees within ten minutes time and as I write this blog, the temps continue to drop and the rain has started. Its 39 degrees right now.

The weather guy has predicted an arctic blast is headed our way and we are on alert. School may be cancelled. Sleet is forecasted. Unusual for Texas especially since the A/C had run today.

The cold weather put me in the candle mood. I managed to find a candle I had put away last year unused and it was the perfect choice. I think I've found a new favorite scent.

Peppermint!

Its minty and sweet smelling and makes me want to unwrap the candy canes hanging on my Christmas tree but I will hold myself back, enjoying the fragrance instead. But maybe when I'm at the store next time I'll look for low calorie peppermint snacks. I'll also need to buy some more peppermint candles since its obvious that I'll be lighting these up regularly to enjoy.

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Joy to the World!

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." 2 Corinthians 2:14

No comments: