Wednesday, November 08, 2006

No Flukes

If you click this photo of the House of Representatives Chamber you will see right above the U.S. flag these words: In God We Trust.

What do I think when an election turns out like it did last night? I have an easy answer. Its not easy to always swallow but its easy because its plain as daylight to me because I believe God is sovereign.

He establishes thrones and kingdoms and while I do not all ways understand, I trust Him. In God I trust.

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Colossians 1:15-17

And I can easily spend the rest of my life trusting Him because folks were not put into office because He fell asleep or went on vacation.

"Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God." Romans 13:1

I won't love watching the new Speaker of the House with her views. But I can trust God since He is in control.

1 comment:

Schweers' Mom said...

Good answers! I like your train of thought...