Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Be Alert! Be Prepared!


Some things for our "to do list" with a great reward!

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen." I Peter 5: 8-11

2 comments:

Joye said...

Amen, Kathy. Thanks. See you tomorrow, and I want my hug!

Schweers' Mom said...

This made me think about Genesis 4 when God asks Cain "why has your countenance fallen?" He then tells Cain that sin is crouching at his door waiting to master him. Isn't that the truth? Sin is always there - waiting for a weak moment in our lives so that it can overtake us. We HAVE to be alert and cognizant of that fact - always. I think sometimes I may not take sin seriously enough. How many times do I rely on my own self-control (which is useless) instead of relying on God's Spirit of control? Praise be to God that He has provided for my many, many mistakes of unwatchfulness. Thanks for the "warning."