Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What's all the stir?

In the past 24 hours my blog has been under assault. I've set my comments section to "moderate" to help combat the filthy profanity I have received on my blog comments about a certain talk-show host. I deleted those posts, allowed those that contained no profanity and once I woke up this morning, changed the settings to "moderate" and have retained a pile of them (both appropriate and non-appropriate) in moderation.

Odd, I think, that a group of people from a liberal-leaning website would publish a link to my blog and then discuss me and my beliefs. I'm not Rush nor Jerry nor O'Reilly. I'm a 50 year old woman who has been married for 30 years with 2 grown children. What's all the stir? Am I a threat to their way of thinking?

Some basic thoughts in reply to some of those comments:

No, Christians do not believe they are above sinning. I know I'm a sinner. I know that no amount of being "good" will provide forgiveness or provide eternal life. How can you measure good? But because God loves us, wants us to be with him forever, He himself made the way so that our sins are paid.

Like a judge who pronounces us guilty, he takes off his robe, comes around from behind the judge's bench to pay my fine. He paid for it with the death and resurrection of Jesus.

We are all in need of forgiveness. God provided it. Will you accept it?

You can't buy it, work for it, trade for it, bid on it.

Its freely given.

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

2 comments:

Joye said...

Wow. I had no idea your Dangerous post had generated so much heat! Open discussion is a good thing, but some people can't dialogue about their opinions without getting ugly. You did a good job of keeping your cool.

Schweers' Mom said...

I second that, Joye!

Go treat yourself to a Braum's mix! You deserve it!