Monday, September 04, 2006

Rainy Lazy Day

Starting last night the rain began in north Texas and for the entire day today the skies stayed gray and leaked. It was wonderful!

I am a sunshine gal. Normally the sun excites me and when I spend my winter days without sun, I long for it.

But this summer I've been on sun overload only because I've needed some rain to break up the heat.

The break came today:

1. Rainy and gray skies
2. Cooler temperatures
3. Closed office (Post office closing means we can't ship!)

It was a lazy day with the hound dogs and a quick trip over the lake to meet my favorite daughter for a quick lunch. (She is icing on the cake. I adore her. She makes me laugh.)

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1

6 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

Have you ever seen the Disney movie, "The Ugliest Dachshund"? You would love it. It still makes me laugh out loud!

Isn't the rain heavenly? I have enjoyed looking outside today and seeing the wet ground. Somehow it just makes everything look refreshed. Ahhh...

Kathy said...

The Ugly Dachshund is a favorite movie of mine! It was just on TV a few weeks ago and I indulged a few hours to watch it. Love Dean Jones and Suzanne Pleschette. (How do you spell her name!)

Yes...the rain is absolutely wonderful! Ahhh is right!

Schweers' Mom said...

My mom and I watched the movie last week - and did it without kids for the excuse. We both sat and giggled. It was fun! And...I have no idea how to spell her name.

Joye said...

Ha! I used a Winnie the Pooh picture on my blog post! Good ol' Pooh.

It was a great weekend. We enjoyed the rain and cooler temps so much. A long weekend of lazy days. Well, for me anyway, not for Mike.

Anonymous said...

Glad I am the icing on the cake. In my opinion, it is the best part! Too bad my headache tookover. I wanted to do some damage at the mall. Maybe next time. ;)

Kathy said...

Yes...you are the icing. We can ravage the mall another day when neither of us have one of those headaches. :D