Tuesday, September 05, 2006

September Adjustments

Even though I have stayed home again this fall and haven't gone back to the classroom, I find the excitement of September and the changes in my daily schedule a great change.

1. Adjust the sprinklers

Over the heat of the summer we adjusted the sprinklers to save the lawn and bushes.

In May we were watering every few days. Then we were watering every day. Then we were watering twice a day as we saw the lawn scorching in spite of the daily schedule. I altered the watering for a complete cycle every morning and then a partial schedule again as the sun went down.

I think it would have been cheaper to purchase new sod every month instead.

The water bill was enormous.

Now that the heat has backed off for the time being, I can adjust the sprinklers yet again. I can go back to every other day. Or at least until the temps reach sky high again.

2. Adjust my walking schedule

Now that the days are definitely getting shorter, I will be able to get my 2 miles into my schedule earlier in the day. I'm even hoping for afternoons as the temperatures keep dropping. During July and August, I had to wait for the very last 30 minutes of the day as the sun was setting. It was still hotter than a furnace at that time. But I can't seem to walk in the morning. My brain has too many things on its agenda to get through the entire 2 miles without taking my laptop with me.

Its hard to walk briskly with a laptop open, searching for wifi in the neighborhood.

So I wait and walk at the end of my day when I can spend time thinking, praying and reflecting on my day. And I leave the laptop at home.

3. Adjust my weekly schedule

Women's Bible Study starts up this week (woohoo!) which means that extra study time is added to my days and one day of the week is mapped out for my favorite activity of all. Studying the Word of God with other women.

I love September.

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps" Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

Schweers' Mom said...

I love that verse! One of my favorites as a matter of fact.

I have to giggle at the image of you walking with your laptop looking for wifi. Too funny!

Maybe I'll see you tomorrow at Bible study. Imagine that - seeing someone face to face instead of in the blog comments section.