Friday, September 29, 2006

Facing the Giants

We enjoyed an awesome movie tonight called Facing the Giants.

While the story is about a private christian school's football coach and his team, the real story is about fear. Facing it. Learning that when we have our eyes on our giants, we will stumble.

But when we have our eyes on God, the giants stumble.

No matter the circumstances. Do what's right. Do our best. Honor God.

Then no matter the outcome, God gets the glory.

"But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth" - Casting Crowns


Go to this movie.

This weekend.

Go.

You will be encouraged.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

you make me want to dig under the couch cushions to find some change and maybe come up with enough money to go to the movies this weekend!

susan in fm said...

I have heard so many great things about this movie. Not sure we'll be able to fit it in this weekend, but we'll see what happens. Thanks for the recommendation.