Friday, October 13, 2006

Blue Jean Crisis

I'm a blue jean gal in a world full of pantyhose.

Yes, I have the nice black slacks for those dress up events. I have some in chocolate brown for my blazers. Assorted slacks and capris in various colors hang in my closet.

But give me my jeans and I'm happy.

The crisis?

I've been cinching up my jeans with belts as I've spent the last six months walking and working out. Losing some weight, a pound here and there. Nothing extraordinary. Just a steady progress of weight loss and toning body that causes my clothes to no longer fit the same.

Its an odd thing really. The weight loss appears on my scale but my clothes do not seem to fit much different. And then one morning I wake up and the pants seem huge. I add a belt and run on my way. Eventually I have to buy a new size.

Now I'm down two full sizes since I started my "get-back-in-shape-so-I-don't-ache-when-I-stand-up-from-my-chair" program.

Its not even 15 pounds so don't get too excited. I wasn't a big gal to start with (just an achey one!). I feel so much better. Most of the aches are gone and my body moves much more nimbly once again. I'm stronger which will help me fight in the middle-age-50-year-old-war.

I just need new jeans again.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

good for you! i need to get serious about losing this baby weight!

i love that i have a job where jeans are acceptable and encouraged. :)

Schweers' Mom said...

Yay for jeans! I SOOOO need to get back to my previous jeans size. I'm not that big, but it's one of those 5-extra-pounds-makes-a-big-difference things. Ugh. I hurt just thinking about how much exercise needs to be done and how much less chocolate I need to eat. Boo!