Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Busy Running

This was a busy day.

Early this morning I had a physical therapy session. I have turned a corner in my pain and can tell I'm making progress. Hooray! My back is less achey. My bottom isn't hurting. This is progress.

Later this morning I packaged up my two dogs, Dora Mae the dachshund and Thelma Lou the wannabe, for their annual checkup and vaccinations. They received a pedicure and manicure, various shots, blood check for heartworm, new Rx for heartworm meds, ears checked, and a handful of treats for being "good girls". Their vet is aptly named: Dr. Barker. (Don't you love that? Its like having a dentist called Dr. Molar or a dermatologist named Dr. Fleishli (pronounced: Fleshly. I collect professionals in my life with appropriate names.)

After a quick lunch I took my car over to the dealership for its oil change. I thought it was for a regularly scheduled oil change but discovered it was a major checkup at 30,000. They provided me a complimentary car and told me to return tomorrow to pick it up. Of cour$e they provided a loaner car. It wa$ in their be$t intere$t for thi$ $cheduled maintenance. A 10% off di$count coupon will be a help to me.

Back home again, the dogs had their afternoon meal and I sat down to check email and catch up with projects.

Tomorrow is another busy one with a workout for the morning, picking up the car, back to a meeting at 11:00 and a lunch date with a friend. I'm glad I can work at odd hours to catch up. I am so blessed to have the type of job that is flexible with a laptop propped next to me while my feet are propped on the ottoman and a wienerdog laying next to me.

God is good. His love endures forever. Even when I am busy.

3 comments:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

I needed this blog today. You made me smile and smiling is something that I need to do right now. I am so amazed at the darkness in this country. Thank you for being a bright spot in my day.
Back to German!!!!!!

Kathy said...

MM, I'd love to visit you someday. I enjoy your blogs as well and have fond memories of my days living in Germany and with a strong urge to visit again!

Kathy said...

Thanks for the giggle! "Dora Mae the Dachshund and Thelma Lou the Wannabe" sounds like a great title for a movie :)