Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Faithfulness of God



God's faithfulness endures.

Over and over.

Never tiring.

Never fudging.

Never partial.

Never vaguely.

Never half-hearted.

Never veiled in half-truths.

Never lacking.

Never on vacation.

Never dependent on me.

Richard Strauss said it like this: "When God’s promises are unconditional, neither our faithlessness nor our unbelief will affect His faithfulness. They will rob us of our peace, our joy, and our testimony, but He will just keep right on doing what He promised to do, keep right on being faithful to His Word. What a wonderfully faithful God! Believe Him. Experience the peace, the joy, and the power which faith in His Word will bring. Then you too will exclaim enthusiastically, “Great is Thy faithfulness!”."

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord unto me.....

and unto the body in which I belong.

2 comments:

Joye said...

I was reminded today of one of my favorite passages in Knowledge of the Holy, kind of an "in-other-words" to your post:

"Most of us go through life praying a little, planning a little, jockeying for position, hoping but never being quite certain of anything, and always secretly afraid that we will miss the way. This is a tragic waste of truth and never gives rest to the heart."

"It's as if God were saying, "what I am is all that need matter to you, for there lie your hope and your peace. I will do what I will do, and it will all come to light at last, but how I do it is My Secret. Trust me, and be not afraid. With the goodness of God to desire our Highest welfare, the wisdom of God to plan it, and the power of God to achieve it, what do we lack?"

Schweers' Mom said...

Ahh...one of my favorite hymns!

And Joye...one of my favorite books (if not my favorite after the Bible)! Thanks for that quote.