Saturday, October 14, 2006

Shoes and Socks

I purchased a pair of jeans and then went in search of an updated pair of shoes to wear with my jeans. My "jean shoes" were about 8 years old and in need or replacement.

I ended up buying two pairs. Actually the same pair in brown and black. Seems silly but the price was good and the fit was great and they are the perfect "hip" shoes for jeans.

That lead to the realization that my brown and black socks were older than my new shoes and in terrible shape. Literally.

I purchased a pile of black and brown trouser socks and headed home for a toss out, spending the afternoon cleaning out the sock drawer.

After I filled up a trash sack with holey socks (Set apart for a new reason. They are not wearable!) and then I headed to the closet to weed through my shoes.

I'm not a shoe gal. I buy a pair of shoes maybe once or twice a year. I still have a pair of brown boots I bought in the 80's that I love and only 3 years ago purchased a pair of black. But I had to admit, some of the shoes in my closet had been there long enough to grow roots and turn "non-hip" in the process. Old, fumpy shoes that did not convey "hip" any longer.

I added those to my pile of old socks.

The shoe section of my closet looks awesome. The sock drawer is ready.

Now we need a bit cooler weather to pull out the socks for a test drive.

2 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

Have you ever read the children's book, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie?" ....if you get a new pair of jeans, then you'll have to buy new shoes. If you get new shoes, you'll just have to have a new pair of socks. If you have the complete outfit, you must find a place to go out and look good. How about lunch - soon???

Kathy said...

Yes...the cookie thing works for most everything. I did it once when I wanted a new kitchen sink. Ended up with counters, appliances, removed wallpaper, new wall texture, new paint, new faucet and garbage disposal. Its a domino effect!

Lunch! Monday?? Same place/time we set last time?