Sunday, October 15, 2006

God's closet

Daily I make choices from my closet. I stand in front of my shirts and slacks, shoes and sweaters, dresses and skirts and make decisions on what to put on.

In Texas, the weather changes from day to day so checking the weather first helps me plan between a sleeveless shirt and a sweater. My plans for the day determine if I wear my new jeans and a t-shirt or slacks and a jacket. The choices are endless as I stand in front of the hanging items.

Decisions, decisions! What do I wear?

Seems that these same kind of choices are mine to make in God's closet for my personal attitudes.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Col 3:12-14

Because I belong to Him, my closet is fully stocked with all the resources I need for my day ahead. My task? To put them on.

Mike, your toolbox inspired me. Of course I'd rather have the closet than a toolbox....

1 comment:

Mike Messerli said...

Whatever illustration works best for you....sounds great to me.

I hoped the stories helped with the concepts.

Your application is great.

Mike