Saturday, October 21, 2006

Owie!

So while I was celebrating the big milestone (see previous blog) and celebrating the weight loss and enjoying overall better health from decisions earlier in the year to walk and workout regularly (see previous, previous blog), I had a slow sinking realization.

My flesh suit was aching in my lower back and bottom.

Yes, my body is injured. Concurred by my doctor. Concurred by a physical therapist who put my poor little body through a wringer. Well, not actually. But after two sessions with physical therapy on my back and bottom, I'm in more pain. More sessions to go.

I thought physical therapy would help me feel better. I guess its a long term fix while the short term hurts.

Apparently I have a sports injury caused by those squats (and other assorted exercises involving the use of my bottom and back muscles). It hurts to sit. It hurts to reach over or down.

Standing is okay. Ha. Its hard to stand all day when your job requires a desk.

Okie, no more whining. Please pray for my back and bottom. (An odd prayer request, indeed.)

I will praise God's name in song
and glorify him with thanksgiving. Psalm 69:30

1 comment:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Kathy,
TAKE it careful there girl!
I know that stretching seems to be the thing I fail to take seriously!
I'm doing much more of that since I've been here in this 'walking land'
I will pray - sore bum is not fun!
Good luck with the therapist - I must admit - I'm jealous :-) pain to no pain - it will feel better in the long run