Sunday, October 22, 2006

Fools or Wise Guys?

I've been reading through the book of Proverbs (One chapter a day to match today's date. Works out perfectly as most months have 31 days and there are 31 chapters of Proverbs).

I love the contrast of the fool with the wise person.

I love the practical, no-holds-barred advice: Do this. Don't do that.

Its made me all the more heart-broken when I read the choices of the fool. The fool believes their choices affect no one but themselves.

The choice is obvious: Be wise. Do not be a fool.

"Become wise by walking with the wise; hang out with fools and watch your life fall to pieces."

"The wisdom of the wise keeps life on track; the foolishness of fools lands them in the ditch."

"Moral dropouts won't listen to their elders; welcoming correction is a mark of good sense."

"The road to right living bypasses evil; watch your step and save your life."

1 comment:

Joye said...

I read the correlating proverb each day, too. It makes for good training to know what will bring me wisdom and what will make me a fool. And the discernment to see it in someone else. It also keeps me from using the word 'fool' lightly.