Tuesday, August 08, 2006

50!

I woke up this morning and didn't feel any different today than I did yesterday. Makes me wonder if 50 is creeping up on me and will surprise me one day when I'm not noticing?

I had a great party on Saturday night. Both my kids were home. The house was filled with friends and family making noise and eating barbeque from Rudy's. They wore red since red is my eye candy color. My husband put a balloon on the mailbox and a sign in the yard that said: Nifty nifty, Kathy is 100/2. (He is a math teacher. [insert eyeroll here]) The birthday cake was chocolate with chocolate icing and had the same fractional sentiment on it.

By the end of the evening my face was tired from all the laughing. The gifts were a hoot. It took me hours to chill out enough to sleep since I was so hyped up from all the fun.

If I had known turning 50 would be so much fun, I would have done it years ago.

Lord, you have been our dwelling place
throughout all generations.
Before the mountains were born
or you brought forth the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God. Ps 90: 1-2

4 comments:

Joye said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a handsome family!

Kathy said...

Thanks Joye!

Schweers' Mom said...

Happy, happy birthday! What fun!!! Maybe 50 won't be so bad after all. Can I call you to plan my party in another 6 years??

Kathy said...

Sure thang, Schweer's mom. I'll be there with my planning lists!