Saturday, August 12, 2006

Rain!

I woke up this morning to a complete overcast sky. I've rarely seen it in the past 3 months and when I did, it meant nothing by the end of the day. We've been in a very long drought so we are paying premium prices for the privilege of watering our lawn. I think it would be cheaper to purchase new sod each month than to try to keep the current grass green.

But this morning, the overcast sky has turned into a miracle of actual water that is dribbling from the sky. Its not a gully-washing, frog-strangler down pour. But it is a consistent dribble that has now been watering the earth around my house for the last hour.

I feel like doing a happy dance.

Reminds me of God's blessings. When we are in a drought and unable to recognize what He is doing, the days are long, dry, dusty and miserable. When we see Him pouring out those blessings on our lives, the praises easily come. Reminds me further I need to learn to be thankful, even in the drought.

And for today, whether the rain continues or dries up in a few minutes, I'll rejoice!

Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp. He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills. Psalm 147:7-8

No comments: