Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pooped

This week my days have been fuller than normal. As the fall season gets back into full swing, the women's bible study I'm a part of is gearing up for a wonderful year. I've been meeting with a team of awesome women who have planned, planned and planned some more while seasoning it all with prayer.

In the midst of coffee making, lunch planning, volunteer gathering, book binding, tablecloth hunts and registration, the activity and organization takes over for a full spotlight. Appointments are planned around the needs of this upcoming study. Its a dizzy schedule.

This fabulous fifty's body has a hard time keeping up. In fact I spent some of my time last night, when I should have been sleeping, fretting about the volunteer list for clean-up, greeters, coffee-making and so on. Sometimes I get in such a planning mode the details replay over in my mind.

And even in my human exhaustion to try to make sure I've done all I need to do, God is soooo full of mercy.

He surrounds me with the most precious women who remind me of His purposes. There is a bigger picture!

When I remember the utlimate purpose of our activity is to point women to Jesus who can answer all their questions and meet their most inner needs, I get excited!

What a wonderful thing that I get to be involved in what God is doing and be a part of women's lives, even as my human flesh suit gets pooped.

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." 2 Corinthians 2:14

No comments: