Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Air Conditioning

Today's weather finally gave us a break from the double digit days. Relief was here. I could walk from house to car without melting. The notion of eating lunch outside with a few of my friends crossed my mind as the weather was absolutely gorgeous.

Which is a good thing.

My electric bill arrived and I fell out of my chair with a brain spasm. If we had washed and dried one more load of clothes the bill would have been an even 600 dollars. Thankfully, it was only 598.42.

Can you believe it? I might need to put one of the dogs on ebay to pay for it.

The heat has suffocated me for weeks, causing me to mutter unkind things towards the warmth. Generally, I'm a southern gal who loves the toasty daily waves of sunshine. But enough is enough.

Add to the heat, the air conditioning is killing me. How is that for irony? I suspect I'm on freon overload. And yet to turn off the A/C would mean that I'm too hot. I'm menopausal, remember?

I need cooler fresh air.

I'm readying my jeans, socks and shirts with sleeves for the cooler weather. Its an exercise in faith although I am a native Texan and know that summer is still here for quite a while.

1 comment:

Schweers' Mom said...

OUCH! I just got back from Mom's today and got my CoServ. It's the highest bill we've ever had - $415. Oh the pain....the agony...thankfully, there is a paycheck coming soon so I won't complain too loudly.