Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Frozen Chocolate Mix

I'm still on target for my weight loss, gradually losing 1 pound or so per week. Although my trainer keeps pushing me to a 2 pound loss, I'm happy losing 1 pound per week. I haven't felt deprived. I haven't felt hungry. I haven't given up any meals. I simply have been careful with my portion sizes, increased the amount of protein I'm eating, tried to cut the sugary carbs and most importantly, increased my level of physical activity.

This has worked for me because its not extreme. I can live this way. I'm not white-knuckling a diet. I'm changing my lifestyle.

And along the way, one of the things I've continued to enjoy has been a Braum's treat.

Chocolate Mix with Heath from Braums.

I have no idea how many calories are in a small chocolate frozen yogurt. But I can guess at it. I save my calories on occasion and head over there for my treat.

Today was one of those days. I slurped it down while my brain did a happy dance. And now I'm putting on my shoes and heading out the door for my walk.

Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8

2 comments:

Joye said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. I like the Braum's chocolate mix with Butterfinger AND Heath. Haven't had one since last summer, though. Hmm, Braum's is not far from here...

Schweers' Mom said...

I've never had a Braum's Mix. When I was pregnant with my first son, I could eat an entire Braum's banana split BY MYSELF. I guess that being young(er) I was able to shed those baby and Braum's pounds with no problem. *Sigh* Wish I could still do that!