Friday, August 18, 2006

Stay cool

The temperatures are still over 100 degrees in the Dallas/Ft Worth area of Texas. The news continues to tell us that we have had over 32 days over the 100 mark and will continue to add to that total. Hot is okay. Broiling is not. Of course this is okay if your oven happens to malfunction. Baking on the sidewalk is an option.

Wherever you are, stay cool. Drink lots of water. And think about the cooler temperatures that will come. And pray for rain!

"For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants." Isaiah 44:3

5 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

Craig and I went by Candy Haven yesterday. Yum-o! They were kind enough to let us each have a slice of cake to take with us. It was delicious! We also bought some candy to try. I will definitely keep them in mind next time I need a cake!

Kathy said...

Ohh, I hope you had a piece of chocolate cake. Its the best!

Schweers' Mom said...

No, we had a plain yellow cake - but it was one of the best yellow cakes I've had!

Unknown said...

The hot temps had ventured north but now it is cooling down. Hopefully the cooler temps will move south and soon for you in Texas and other places that are still hot.

Joye said...

I've become pretty much house-bound because of the heat. It's insufferable. I've practically stopped cooking since it heats up the kitchen and ME! The dog & I are looking forward to a break in temperature so we can go for a walk. Mike's looking forward to a break in temperature so I'm not so cranky.;)